Today let’s talk about the hypnotherapy service I offer for depression. During this time of the COVID pandemic, depression has been a topic that many people have mentioned regarding mental health. There are more then 265 million people that suffer from depression. Women are more affected then men. A lot of people get stuck in that mind state and need help or guidance to shift from that state of mind and move into a much healthier thought process. One great modality that helps is hypnotherapy as well as meditation.
Below I break down the hypnotherapy process:
- Intake: When did the depression start? What event took place during the start of depression?
- Induction: Help relax your mind and body. Go into hypnosis.
- De-Hypnotize: Bring you back from the relaxed state of mind.
- Reflection: Talk about the experience and how you will improve your life in the future.
- Process: Take some time to process what came up during the session and what your subconscious mind provided. Many emotions may come up during this time.
Meditation is another modality and tool that I help my clients learn to shift their thought process, especially with depression.
Below is a short break down of the meditation process:
- Make sure you are in a quiet and uninterrupted area
- You can be seated or laying down
- Take 3-5 deep breathes through the nose and out the mouth
- Close your eyes and focus your attention on the spot between your eyes
- When in a relaxed state then put your focus and energy on the thought that comes up to your mind that is related to the reason you are depressed.
- Once you have that thought then observe the thought as if you are seeing it from a third person and let it run through.
- When the thought runs through then take a moment and visualize the thought shifting and slowly changing into a calming color or shape.
- Now take a moment to see yourself in a state of mind that is healthy and living life vibrantly with purpose. Create that image in your mind and believe it, feel it, see it.
- Once you finish then take 3 deep breathes in through your nose and out of your mouth.
- Open your eyes when ready
Meditation is a practice that helps everyday. It provides your brain a new programming to help you shift your mind set. It gets better and better the more you do it. Just stay consistent and strong. Have the intention of a healthy mind set.
Depression has led many to suicide. There are close to 800,000 people that die from suicide each year. If you are one of these people just know that you are not alone and that there is someone out there that is willing to listen and someone who does care. You have a great purpose on this planet even though it may not seem that way right now. If you are thinking of suicide please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at (800) 273 – 8255. Someone will be on the other side of the line willing to listen.
The process of hypnotherapy for depression is a process and a journey. It doesn’t always happen over night and does take work and dedication. This is a journey of self-care and self-awareness. The process gets better as you go along! Stay strong!
If this service resonates with you regarding hypnotherapy for depression, I would be happy to help you on your journey to better mental health!
If you have any questions regarding this post feel free to comment below. 😊
View YouTube video: https://youtu.be/H5yIsx_nURo