What is grief and how does hypnotherapy help?
When we grief our bodies can have a big affect physically. When grieving a flood of neurochemicals and hormones dance around in your head. It can disrupt sleep, loss of appetite, fatigue, and anxiety. It can create a lot of unforeseen changes in how the mind and body function. This shift is familiar to many or are currently experiencing it. It is not the best feeling in the world and for some they don’t realize this is all happening to them because they are completely numb.
There are 7 steps of grief that we will talk about.
7 Step of Grief:
- Shock and in Denial
- Pain and Guilt
- Anger and Bargaining
- The Upward Turn (Start to shift away from Grief)
- Reconstruction (Ready to put yourself together. Coming back to normality.)
- Acceptance and Hope
When you are ready to move forward and not be in the state of mind that is called grief then hypnotherapy is a modality that you would like to consider. There are also other modalities such as meditation to help bring up your vibration, dancing, watching happy movies, exercising, and being in nature.
There are a couple of things that I recommend you do not do while you grief.
- Don’t isolate yourself completely (shift your environment)
- Don’t watch sad movies
When you decide to proceed with hypnotherapy as the modality you would like to select. Then we get started with the following per each session.
- Intake (Talk about the issue)
- Induction (Body and mind are in a relaxed state – hypnosis)
- Enter the subconscious mind (handle the grief – this is based on what state of mind you are in)
- De-Hypnotize (Come out of the relaxed state)
- Reflect (Talk about the experience)
Grief usually requires several sessions. It is usually a journey that goes according to your own personal pace. The goal is to help open the possibility for peace, love and a vibrant life and future.
If you are thinking of suicide please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at (800)273-8255. There is always someone waiting to listen.
If this service resonates with you regarding hypnotherapy for grief, I would be happy to help you get started on your journey!
If you have any questions regarding this post feel free to comment below. 🙂
View YouTube video: https://youtu.be/HwxRkFw6W0c